Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sneak Preview of the Kingdom of God!

Sneak Preview of the Kingdom of God!

If I may, as God is my Witness and Judge, when I was only 17 years young, God UNEXPECTEDLY gave me a VISION while I was in prayer. I was within that vision as a glorified Spirit-Being, whiter than glistening snow and like a brilliant white cloud with the sun shining on it, appearing smooth, dressed in a white robe - even my hair was that brilliant white - holding a Book in my hands and teaching two flesh and blood mortals who were sitting on the ground, in an outdoor setting like a park or meadow.

I was leaning over near them, showing them something from the Book. Mind you that this MIRACLE occurred before I had ever heard of Herbert W. Armstrong and his biblical teaching that we're to become glorified Priest-Kings, teaching in the Kingdom of God, immortals ruling over mortals with but under Christ! (Revelation 2:26, 3:21, 20:6).

The Kingdom of God is the Royal Family of God administering the Government of God, with God's Word as the foundation for every family and standard for all nations (Isaiah 9:7, Daniel 7:18, 27).

At that time I still believed in the traditional born again and Heaven and Hell myths, so I didn't really know what to think of the vision. Over a year later, when I attended one of my first Sabbath services with the Worldwide Church of God (1978), the minister was preaching about how we'll be God-Beings teaching human-beings. I about fell out of my chair! It was as if he was describing the very vision God had given little ol' me!

That inspiring sermon was further confirmation to me that this Church of God (with its God-given Sabbath and holy days, special recognition of Northwestern Europeans and Anglo-Saxons as the "Lost Ten Tribes," the Gospel of the Kingdom, etc.) was indeed God's Church and not like the baptized paganism of traditional Churchianity! (It's sad to say the WCG went astray after Herbert Armstrong's death, but thankfully the faithful Church of God members left that organization of deceitful men to remain true to God and the plain truth of the Bible rather than return to Egypt).

My following minister, George Kackos, whom I later told about the vision, and who baptized me on the Sabbath day, June 9, 1979 (12 years after Jerusalem's liberation), told me that the vision was biblical and that God has also given a "sneak preview" of His Kingdom to Peter, James and John, with their VISION of the TRANSFIGURATION:

Matthew 17:1-9

1 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” 8 When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only. 9 Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the VISION to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.”

I dared to declare to Mr. Kackos that my vision was actually greater because God had showed them a glorified/transfigured Christ, Moses and Elijah, but mine was more personalized because God revealed ME in His Kingdom!

I am an eyewitness to the Kingdom of God and know what it means to be in the Kingdom of God, both from the Bible and personal experience! (2 Peter 1:16-18). Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom, but at the Resurrection we'll be BORN AGAIN as GLORIFIED SPIRIT BEINGS -- just like our older Brother, Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29, I Corinthians 15:49-52, Philippians 3:21).

The vision appeared to emphasize the big difference between mortals and immortals; the great contrast between flesh and blood and brilliant Spirit. And, as I later used during a Worldwide Church of God Spokesman's Club speech on serving in the Churchill Room at the Hillcrest in Toledo, Ohio, I mentioned this vision and noted that even though we're to be given THRONES (which I did not see), those thrones are to enable us to use our positions for GREATER SERVICE, out of love for God and mankind.

God did not show me merely sitting on a throne, but out serving others, teaching, helping, explaining. Mr. Kackos then gave his usual round up speech/mini-sermon, on the importance of tempering authority with humility, and said that, amazingly, I had done just that. I had related the vision as a fact, but wasn't boasting about it.

I look forward, by God's grace, to entering His wonderful Kingdom and meeting those two people I saw in 1977! It'll truly be BACK TO THE FUTURE!

David Ben-Ariel is a Christian-Zionist writer and author of Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall. With a focus on the Middle East and Jerusalem, his analytical articles help others improve their understanding of that troubled region. Check out the Beyond Babylon blog.

No comments: